Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ping to a serial interface

Hi, I've a question

I'm using packet tracer 5.0 to refresh my knowledge (and further it) of ccna
    In attachement you'll see the hardware configuration. All routers have directly connected routes in their routing tables.

If I ping from pc1 to de default gateway (router 1) it is succesfull. If I ping the serial interface s0/0/0 on router 1 it's succesfull - so far no problem. If I ping the serial interface s0/0/0 on router 2 (which is connected with router 1 with a serial interface and the DCE is on router 2 and is set), I can't do a ping (logically, because there's no direct route in the routing table on router 1)

If I do a ping from router 1 to the serial interface on router 2 it is succesfull. This is because the serial interface s0/0/0 on router 2 is in the same subnet as the serial interface s0/0/0 on router 1

Question: If they're on the same subnet, and I can ping the serial interface s0/0/0 on router 1 from pc1, why can't I do the same from pc1 to the serial interface on router 2?

Any explenation would be greatly appreciated

PS: I've uploaded the packet tracer file for further information
    Attached Files
    Last edited by jleu; 12th April 2009, 08:35.

Re: ping to a serial interface

Post up your Packet Tracer file so I can take a look at all of the configs of the routers.

Comment

I've uploaded the packet tracer file with further information
      Thx in advanced

Comment

The download is corrupt.. Can you re-up it?

Comment

Hi,

I've uploaded the zip file again. It contains an activity file for packet tracer 5.0 or higher

I've verified it. You can unzip and use it

Thx
          Attached Files

Comment

Working...
          X