Moving dhcp off of 2621 to Win2k3 server question

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moving dhcp off of 2621 to Win2k3 server question

Please move this to Windows section if needed.

I've got a site of about 20 users that get their ip via the dhcp services of a 2621. This 2621 is conencted back to the main office and server room via 2 bonded T1's.

I'm trying to really get things cleaned up and have realised that having the users ip's and machine names registering in the win2k3 dns server would be better. The only downside that I can see is that if the link to the remote site goes down, they can't get ip addresses, but that would also be the least of their worries.

I've got a scope all set up for this site but haven't authorised it. I figure I'll kill dhcp on the router and add the appropriate helper address.

Anyone see any problems with this before I pull the trigger?

Just thinking out loud here.
    Chris

Re: Moving dhcp off of 2621 to Win2k3 server question

Good plan. Also, if the connection to the main site goes down, they can't access anything anyway so it won't matter that they won't get an ip address. I'm assuming that all resources and access to the internet exist in the main office.

Comment

Exactly,

And since most of them are on thin clients, they couldn't even play mine sweeper

Thanks Joe for listening.
      Chris

Comment

No minesweeper? You're some kind of hard-booted thug of a system admin then.

Glad to help.

Comment

Working...
        X