vlan question

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vlan question

Well here it is the our scenario, we have two sites connected by a fiber cable, lets name them A and B, at site A we have a router which route between A and B, the router does not have a fiber port but we have a Cisco 2960G switch which have a fiber port, the router have two interfaces lets name them 1 and 2, 1 connected to site A, while 2 connected to site B (which now suppose to be the fibre cable), router interface number 2 have a DHCP service which we don't want it to be broadcasted at site A, the currenct configuration have a media converter which convert the fiber to normal 45RJ so it can be plugged to the router, but it make it running at 100 mb instead of GB, well here it is my idea and correct me if its not right, ill plug the fiber cable to the Cisco switch fiber port, and connect both of router interfaces to the switch as well, ill create a VLAN between the fiber port and interface number 2 of router, and ill add the rest of ports and router interface number 1 to another VLAN, so the first VLAN will be between the fiber and the router cable so the DHCP service will not be published in site A, what do you think ?
    m.emam
    mcsa mcse

Re: vlan question

Thanks guy, anyway i would like to tell you its worked perfectly, thanks to ALLAH.
    m.emam
    mcsa mcse

Comment

Next time you might reformat your text to make it more readable.
      Right now it looks like a wall of words. However it's 1:41 AM at this moment.
      Marcel
      Technical Consultant
      Netherlands
      http://www.phetios.com
      http://blog.nessus.nl

MCITP(EA, SA), MCSA/E 2003:Security, CCNA, SNAF, DCUCI, CCSA/E/E+ (R60), VCP4/5, NCDA, NCIE - SAN, NCIE - BR, EMCPE
      "No matter how secure, there is always the human factor."

"Enjoy life today, tomorrow may never come."
      "If you're going through hell, keep going. ~Winston Churchill"

Comment

for some reason, i don't like non sense replies.
        m.emam
        mcsa mcse

Comment

A wall of text doesn't make it more easy to read.
          A simple reformatting might give you more responses. Simply using dots (.) indicates the end of a sentence. You haven't use a single one.
          Also remember that everyone does this in their spare time so sometimes you might have to wait a bit longer.

However I praise your forum spirit by not telling what the solution was so it can't help any other member anymore. Well done.
          Last edited by Dumber; 5th April 2009, 12:24.
          Marcel
          Technical Consultant
          Netherlands
          http://www.phetios.com
          http://blog.nessus.nl

MCITP(EA, SA), MCSA/E 2003:Security, CCNA, SNAF, DCUCI, CCSA/E/E+ (R60), VCP4/5, NCDA, NCIE - SAN, NCIE - BR, EMCPE
          "No matter how secure, there is always the human factor."

"Enjoy life today, tomorrow may never come."
          "If you're going through hell, keep going. ~Winston Churchill"

Comment

No, i did not mean to hide the solution at all, my first post was asking for a confirmation about a scenario i planned to deploy. and this scenario worked well with me thanks to ALLAH, so that i sent telling people here its worked to let them know the solution, am i missing something here ?!
            m.emam
            mcsa mcse

Comment

Hi,

I would request you elaborate your question point wise as its very difficult to understand the question .

Second thing is that as you already got the solution so please share with us so that it will be beneficial for all members .

Cheers
              DT

Comment

Working...
              X