• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Access list - cisco 871

hello
    i am using 871 cisco router
    my wan connected with few routers all over the world
    at my home i am connecting to the mpls net with adsl special account and my HQ 871 router
    what should i do on 871 to create an acl just for
    1. i want from my pc at home to connect to my server at HQ office
    what should i do (i am usin SDM ),how can i create ACL ?
    i do not want give others router the ability to connect to my server

what should i do ?

thanks golan

Re: Access list - cisco 871

I'm not sure I understand the topology and the need for an ACL.
    You have an MPLS VPN solution from your ISP, but what is the meaning of "my wan connected with few routers all over the world" ? how is it connected? with IPSEC VPN Tunnels?
    What other routers do you want to deny access? Where are they located in your network topology?

How does the MPLS VPN network connects to the internet? via a FW at the HQ Office? via your ISP Firewall?

Comment

תודה
      אני מניח שאני יכול לכתוב לך בעברית
      אני אסביר שוב
      יש לי רשת mpls ראוטר במשרד הראשי מדגם 871 בבית יש לי מודם ראוטר של בזק שמחובר עם חייגן המוגדר עם שם משתמש וסיסמא עבור חיבור לרשת ה mpls .
      עד כאן הכל תקין
      בראוטר הראשי ישנו vlan שאליו מחובר השרת שלי עם כתובת שהוא מקבל מdhcp של הvlan
      אני מעוניין ליצור גישה רק עבורי כלומר לצורך העניין הראוטר שלי בבית לשרת במשרד ולא לשום ראוטרים נוספים הפזורים במקומות שונים בעולם
      אני חושש שיש מיקום נוסף בלונדון שמחובר לענן ה mpls שלי עם ראוטר של חוות השרתים שלא יפרצו לי לרשת
      (לשרת שלי שמחובר ל vlan )

מכאן הגעתי להלטה שאולי כדאי לי ליצור acl ? מה אתה חושב על זה .
      אם זה נראה לך לנכון האם אתה יכול לסייע לי ?

תודה רבה .

Comment

To me you can write in hebrew, however forum policy says that you should only write in English, also the Hebrew-English mix makes it a little hard to read because of wrong alignment.

Anyway, as for your case, if you have an MPLS VPN network than only you (with your users, or ATM lines or whatever type of connection you have) can connect to other pc's/servers in the same MPLS VPN.

That's the whole concept of MPLS VPN, while many customers can connect to the same ISP routers, each one has its own private network, and so unless your ISP has provided such access to this "other place in London" they won't be able to access your network.

Also, the whole idea of the MPLS VPN is that branch offices will be able to connect to the server at the main office, no?

Basically, MPLS VPN considered to be a secure, close network and you don't enable NAT or ACLS at the edge routers.

After all that if you still want an ACL, I'm not a big fan of the SDM, I can tell you how to do it through CLI, but it is a whole chapter in the CCNA exam so its a little hard to explain here, but try reading this article from cisco:
        http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/...800a5b9a.shtml

Comment

thanks

can you send me manual guide for 871 model
          and 1841 model

if you can do that.

Comment

There isn't a guide to Cisco routers, also there is no big difference between the 871 and the 1841, they both run the same IOS version (possibly that one of them have some more features enabled, but both are same IOS)

Considering that there about 20 different Cisco certifications I can hardly think that there can be a "manual guide" containing all the features.
            You can, however buy cisco CCNA books and start learning from there, also you can type "?" everywhere you want and it will display the list of commands available with a brief explanation.

Comment

Originally posted by golan View Post
              תודה
              אני מניח שאני יכול לכתוב לך בעברית
              אני אסביר שוב
              יש לי רשת mpls ראוטר במשרד הראשי מדגם 871 בבית יש לי מודם ראוטר של בזק שמחובר עם חייגן המוגדר עם שם משתמש וסיסמא עבור חיבור לרשת ה mpls .
              עד כאן הכל תקין
              בראוטר הראשי ישנו vlan שאליו מחובר השרת שלי עם כתובת שהוא מקבל מdhcp של הvlan
              אני מעוניין ליצור גישה רק עבורי כלומר לצורך העניין הראוטר שלי בבית לשרת במשרד ולא לשום ראוטרים נוספים הפזורים במקומות שונים בעולם
              אני חושש שיש מיקום נוסף בלונדון שמחובר לענן ה mpls שלי עם ראוטר של חוות השרתים שלא יפרצו לי לרשת
              (לשרת שלי שמחובר ל vlan )

מכאן הגעתי להלטה שאולי כדאי לי ליצור acl ? מה אתה חושב על זה .
              אם זה נראה לך לנכון האם אתה יכול לסייע לי ?

תודה רבה .
              Keep it on english as it's the only language used on this board.
              Re-Read the forum rules.
              Marcel
              Technical Consultant
              Netherlands
              http://www.phetios.com
              http://blog.nessus.nl

MCITP(EA, SA), MCSA/E 2003:Security, CCNA, SNAF, DCUCI, CCSA/E/E+ (R60), VCP4/5, NCDA, NCIE - SAN, NCIE - BR, EMCPE
              "No matter how secure, there is always the human factor."

"Enjoy life today, tomorrow may never come."
              "If you're going through hell, keep going. ~Winston Churchill"

Comment

Working...
              X