Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• After changing ACL, new conf not effective

hi,

I just changed my CISCO 3750 switch ACL to allow some new traffic in my network.
    The changes are not effective.
    I cannot see the changes when I run "show conf" but I do see the changes when I run "show run".

How can I enable the changes ?

Thank you for helping ...

Re: After changing ACL, new conf not effective

Normally when you make a change it goes into affect immediately. As for the show conf command, that is showing you what is in the startup config (If I'm not mistaken) and you need to perform the copy run start command to save your changes from the "live" running config file to the startup config file.

Comment

Actually, the commands you entered are "effective" when you hit enter. Thats standard with cisco IOS.

Based on the commands you are entering, did you by chance forget to copy the running-config to the startup-config (nvram) so your changes will be effective on reboot?

To save/copy running-config to nvram, type: wr (thats short hand for "write memory")

...or another way: copy run start

Comment

Tip:

If you are planing to sit a CSICO exam, get use to copy runing-config startup-config, as the write command will be accepted on the lab questions but will not save your changes for the activity and you will failed on that lab question.

Niltininho

Comment

Working...
        X