1760 not recognizing VPN Accelerator

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1760 not recognizing VPN Accelerator

I recently acquired a Cisco 1760 router and having problems getting it to recognize a MOD1700-VPN accelerator card. I know the card is good (in fact I have tried 2 of them I know to be good) and each card I tried works fine in both a 1710 and 1750 router.

The 1760 is running the IP VOICE K9 load, image file is c1700-ipvoicek9-mz.124-15.T7.bin (IOS 12.4(15)T7).

From everything I've seen, this router should be able to recognize the card.

However, when I do a SHOW DIAG, I get the following for Slot 3 (the VPN card slot):

Slot 3:
    Unknown (type 65535) Port adapter
    Port adapter is disabled
    Port adapter insertion time unknown
    EEPROM contents at hardware discovery:
    EEPROM format version 4
    EEPROM contents (hex):
    0x00: 04 FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF
    0x10: FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF
    0x20: FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF
    0x30: FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF
    0x40: FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF
    0x50: FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF
    0x60: FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF
    0x70: FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF

Of course, I can't enable the accelerator..

Any ideas? Any way I can clear this to get the EEPROM contents to show successfully and the router recognize the card? Like I said, this happens with TWO different VPN cards that I KNOW to be good (just plugged them back into the 1710 and 1750 they came from and those guys recognize them fine).

I have tried reseating the card (power off and everything unplugged of course) several times with no difference being seen.

If no other ideas, would reloading IOS with the card installed help? THe IOS was installed before the card was, so not sure if somehow something special needs to be done here (Cisco docs don't say so, and the 1750 I had (which previously never had a VPN card in it before I installed one) came up just fine recognizing it without me doing anything with IOS).

Oh, and Smart Init IS enabled if that matters...

Router has 128 MB RAM, 48 MB flash (IOS load requires 128/32). Blank config other than basics to make it management accessible over the net.

Thanks!

Brian

Re: 1760 not recognizing VPN Accelerator

Ok, never mind. Upon further research I found that the load of IOS didn't have support for the module, though that was a bit puzzling considering some of the other VPN features the load had.

I'll be updating to Advanced Enterprise services which should add this support as well as do everything else I needed. I guess I had thought the "K9" in the image name meant it supported the VPN accelerator...

Thanks!
    Last edited by hraynor; 27th February 2009, 20:21.

Comment

Working...
    X