Authenticating Active directory users

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Authenticating Active directory users

Can we use cisco routers for authenticating AD users? I am planing to move the server from one of our site as the server is only used for authentication. I am thinking to use router to authenticate user instead of server (DC).
    Another question is can we use cisco router as print server?

Re: Authenticating Active directory users

"cisco routers" is pretty broad... which router do you have?

Originally posted by ahmer_sahab View Post
    Can we use cisco routers for authenticating AD users? I am planing to move the server from one of our site as the server is only used for authentication. I am thinking to use router to authenticate user instead of server (DC)
    Without knowing which router you use, we can't possibly answer that, but my gut reaction would be to say almost certainly not.

Originally posted by ahmer_sahab View Post
    Another question is can we use cisco router as print server?
    Yes, if it has a suitable interface and supports being used as a print server. What more can we say without knowing which model?

Help us to help you - give us some relevant information. http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=555375
    Gareth Howells

BSc (Hons), MBCS, MCP, MCDST, ICCE

Any advice is given in good faith and without warranty.

Please give reputation points if somebody has helped you.

"For by now I could have stretched out my hand and struck you and your people with a plague that would have wiped you off the Earth." (Exodus 9:15) - I could kill you with my thumb.

"Everything that lives and moves will be food for you." (Genesis 9:3) - For every animal you don't eat, I'm going to eat three.

Comment

Working...
    X