Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cisco 871 Forwarding

Hello,

I have a Cisco 871 router to connect my network to the internet.
    I want all the traffic that comes to the internet goes directly to my private network.

For example, if i want to telnet, I have to telnet first to the router, and then to my 192.168.1.10 machine.
    How can I telnet using the router IP and goes redirected to my PC (192.168.1.10) ?

Thanks,

JS

Re: Cisco 871 Forwarding

Julio,

You need to forward individual ports to the LAN IP you want that traffic to go to. This is the basic principal of NAT translation.

Here's an example of forwarding all traffic to port 80 (HTTP) to an internal computer that is a web server:

Code:
    ip nat inside source static tcp 192.168.10.108 80 interface FastEthernet4 80
    This example assumes that FastEthernet4 is the WAN (Internet) connection interface and that the local webserver is 192.168.10.108

Hope that helps!

Comment

Thanks, I'll give it a try.

Comment

Originally posted by juliosilva View Post
        Hello,

I have a Cisco 871 router to connect my network to the internet.
        I want all the traffic that comes to the internet goes directly to my private network.

For example, if i want to telnet, I have to telnet first to the router, and then to my 192.168.1.10 machine.
        How can I telnet using the router IP and goes redirected to my PC (192.168.1.10) ?

Thanks,

JS
        Hi, first i appologize for my English, but I'll try to help you.

You can do this by NAT. If you want to redirect telnet traffic, all you have to do is:

ip nat inside source list static tcp 192.168.1.10 25 interface fastEthernet4 25

You also have to configure interfaces for nat. If your WAN interface is fa4 and your LAN interface is vlan1, do the next thing:

interface fa4
        ip nat outside

interface vlan1
        ip nat inside

That should work fine!

Comment

Working...
        X