Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Printing over VPN

First post and newbie so please go easy on me

I was given a Cisco 877 router today and told to 'make it work'.
    The proposed scenario is this:
    Three users and one network printer in branch office are plugged into the router. Users then connect to a citrix session using Cisco VPN across the ADSL connection to access resources at head office. Each user authenticates VPN using RSA SecureID token generators. There seems to be no problem with users accessing citrix until they come to print locally. users cannot see the printer in Citrix.
    If I connect the printer to a PC and set up as a local client printer in citrix then this is OK but only one person can print (the person whos machine has the printer plugged into it)
    The router setup is pretty much default apart from changing the ip address and passwords at first power on.

Can someone enlighten me as to what I have to enable, configure to allow all users in the office the abilty to print when connected via VPN to the Citrix session?

Many Thanks

Smudge

Re: Printing over VPN

The VPN has nothing to do with it. You have to set up the printer server in the Citrix management console and set it up to create the printers for the users when they log in to Citrix.

Comment

Re: Printing over VPN

Originally posted by joeqwerty View Post
      The VPN has nothing to do with it. You have to set up the printer server in the Citrix management console and set it up to create the printers for the users when they log in to Citrix.
      Thanks for the prompt reply but I don't see how the print server in head office 'knows' that the printer exists.

When the user has a citrix connection, their session is on a 10. range, the VPN is on a 172. range and the printer along with three other PCs physically sit on a 192. range...

All three users on the router can ping the printer on 192. network allocated via the router. When VPN is initiated, the PC is allocated a 172. address and user can no longer ping 192. Then, when the user starts a citrix session they are given a 10. IP address. So, if a PC on the same 'physical (plugged into the same router)' connection can no longer see the printer, then how will adding the printer to our print server on a 10.range resolve this if the 172 VPN connection doesn't allow the 192 range to be 'seen'?

Sorry, but just trying to get my head around this.

Comment

Working...
      X