Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Questions about VLAN's and Mac addresses

Hello Guys,

I am new on this forum. I would like to create a test-area like the following:

I have 1 PC with 10 virtual operating systems, like 10 different mac-address for one phisycal lan card. I have a cisco2924 switch and 10 cablemodem with DHCP.

I would like to connect the 10 modems to the 2924 sw, in ports fa0/1-fa0/10.
    And I would like to connect the lan card of the pc into fa0/24 on the 2924 sw.
    The modems can give IPs for the PC. But if I use an OS on the PC, I would like to reach just one modem, like if I am in the same vlan with that, but the mac-address of the virtual lan card should decide the vlan(so vlan can change if I use an other OS on the PC and the switch must handle this change). So the idea is that when I use a virtual OS on the PC with a specified mac-address on the lan card, I would like to allow communication just 1 dedicated cablemodem.

So I have vlan11-20 for the cablemodems on the 2924sw. And somehow I would like to check the incoming mac-address on the switchport fa0/24 in realtime and then handle choosing the right vlan to communicate.

Like:
    When I use..
    pc mac-address 1111.1111.1111 I want to allow communication just in vlan 11
    pc mac-address 2222.2222.2222 I want to allow communication just in vlan 12
    pc mac-address 3333.3333.3333 I want to allow communication just in vlan 13
    etc...

Could You give me some tips for starting it, please?
    Are just L2vlan settings enough for this or do I need any ACL settings, or sg else?

Thanks!

Regards,
    Agreis

Re: Questions about VLAN's and Mac addresses

Do you have some troubles about reading the forum rules????
    No thread hijacking!

I've created your own topic.
    Marcel
    Technical Consultant
    Netherlands
    http://www.phetios.com
    http://blog.nessus.nl

MCITP(EA, SA), MCSA/E 2003:Security, CCNA, SNAF, DCUCI, CCSA/E/E+ (R60), VCP4/5, NCDA, NCIE - SAN, NCIE - BR, EMCPE
    "No matter how secure, there is always the human factor."

"Enjoy life today, tomorrow may never come."
    "If you're going through hell, keep going. ~Winston Churchill"

Comment

Re: Questions about VLAN's and Mac addresses

Hello,

I am sorry! Thanks for the correction, I will be much more carful next times.

Thank You!
      Agreis

Comment

Working...
      X