Complex Network Needing Help

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Complex Network Needing Help

Hello All, I am a first time poster. I have been studying Cisco IOS for awhile but am still learning which I know will take decades to grasp a full understanding. I have a home lab which consists of some routers and switches.

In this problem I am trying to set this equipment up so that I can get rid of most my Linksys [email protected]

So my network Diagram is like this:

Cable Modem to Fa 0/0 on 2611xm S1/0 connected to S 0 on an AS 2509-rj (used as a router and AS device for other not listed equip) E 0 is connected to a 3550 L3 switch. I can ping all of the above devices and get DNS Resolution to the outside world. However on the 3550 on "port 33" I have a Linksys WRT300N as my connection to the inside network it is setup as a WAP only. I have one workstation connected wirelessly to it. I can ping the 3550 from the PC and the 3550 can ping the WAP, PC and everything else. From the PC I CAN'T ping or get DNS resolution from anything on the other side of the 3550 ie the AS2509 router.

I have checked the pc to make certain no firewalls are preventing communications.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advanced.
    Last edited by Not_Net_Worthy; 29th October 2008, 16:13.

Re: Complex Network Needing Help

Can you make a drawing of it?
    I lost you about the first line when you started to explain how your network looks like
    Marcel
    Technical Consultant
    Netherlands
    http://www.phetios.com
    http://blog.nessus.nl

MCITP(EA, SA), MCSA/E 2003:Security, CCNA, SNAF, DCUCI, CCSA/E/E+ (R60), VCP4/5, NCDA, NCIE - SAN, NCIE - BR, EMCPE
    "No matter how secure, there is always the human factor."

"Enjoy life today, tomorrow may never come."
    "If you're going through hell, keep going. ~Winston Churchill"

Comment

I have attached a Diagram as recommended.

Cable modem => 2611 router => 2509 router => 3550 L3 switch => wrt300n (wap only)

Restating issue:

From the devices themselves (2611,2509,and 3550) I get name resolution and can ping eachother.

From the 2509 router I can ping every were on the 2611 router but only the 3550 FA 0/0 interface ip and vlan ip but not the WRT300n ip or the PC's ip

From the PC I can Ping only the 3550 vlan and the WRT300n, I have checked for firewall issues and found none.

Thanks for your help in advanced.
      Attached Files

Comment

SOLVED!!! YEA for ME.

I thought I would at least post the resolution just in-case someone else comes across this issue.

Unfortunately, this was a simple mistake on my part. The WRT300N had DHCP enabled which was preventing the packets from passing back to the LAN interfaces.

Two solutions make it act as a router using both the wan and lan interfaces (which I think adds complexity)
        Or
        disable dhcp and use a seperate dhcp server or static address. (what I did)

Comment

Many thanks, I'm sure this will help someone else so respect for posting back the fix.
          cheers
          Andy

Please read this before you post:

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Comment

Working...
          X