No announcement yet.

how to connect to lans to access each other and the internet with 1 ip address

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how to connect to lans to access each other and the internet with 1 ip address

I was wondering how to connect to lans togther 2 subnets192.168.1.1 and the other 10.1.1.1 and is that possible with 2 2610 routers cisco. I have 1 internet connection with 1 ip address and both routers by each other.I would like them to talk to each other and be able to go on the internet as well wondred if that was possible thanks dave.

Re: how to connect to lans to access each other and the internet with 1 ip address

Well - to connect the two LANs together you (happily) only need one router - it's a router's job to connect networks together. I don't know how many interfaces the 2610 has, or whether you need a WAN interface or a LAN interface to connect to your internet connection though.

For instance, my cable modem's client-side interface is a standard ethernet connection - if that is the case on your internet connection then you simply need another LAN interface; if the 2610 has more than two interfaces then you're sorted; just the config to do (which is WAY outside my experience). You can then look at utilising your second 2610 elsewhere.

Tom
    For my own and your protection, I do not provide support by private message under any circumstances. All such messages will be deleted and ignored.

Anything you say will be misquoted and used against you

Comment

Working...
    X