Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cisco 1811 - MAC filter for ethernet

Hello,

I own a cisco 1811 router. There's is no wi-fi built-in feature on the router and I do not use wi-fi in my network.

I would like ton configure the router with a "mac filter" for all ethernet connection, like linksys router do to permit wi-fi connection.

I would like to deny all, and permit specific client using their mac, there's no problems for me to allow each switch in the network + clients.

I think I can accomplish this using the NAC fonction of the router but I have to use a RADUIS server but I would like to avoid that. There's only 12 clients in the network.

Thanks for helping.

Re: Cisco 1811 - MAC filter for ethernet

Can you let us know what you are trying to accomplish by doing this?
    MCITP:SA, MCSA 2003, MCP, CCNA, A+, Net+, Security+

Comment

There's 10 network cameras outside the wall of the building, they are plugged into the corporate network with ethernet cables. The cameras are not into cases so the ethernet cable is accessible by anyone using a stepladders. I want to avoid someone outside the building to plug a computer and then access some data. I have public shares.

I also want to avoid employees to plug their personnal laptop to access the internet during night shift. The company is a call center and there is only 2 employees without supervision during night shift. I can't use a proxy server to block the internet in my case.

Comment

I am not sure if this will work on a router, but you can put port security on each port, which will allow on a certain number of MAC addresses to be associated with that port.

Here's an article.

http://articles.techrepublic.com.com...1-6123047.html
        MCITP:SA, MCSA 2003, MCP, CCNA, A+, Net+, Security+

Comment

Working...
        X