Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cisco 1812 Router Configuration

Hi guys,

I have a Cisco 1812 router, and honestly I'm not a Cisco expert at all, so I need help from you guys.
    What i want to do is to disable the router packet filtering, make it open for all traffic and get my firebox to handle all the filtering. i.e. Cisco router makes the connection and the firewall handles everything else. how can I setup the router to function in this way?
    Any help would be appreciated.

Regards,
    VexeD

Re: Cisco 1812 Router Configuration

Yea, this can be done with Access Lists.

Comment

Thanks scottbrady1,

The thing is I need someone to tell me how to disable access lists and packet filtering on a cisco router!!!

Comment

Access Lists are your key to packet filtering, that was what I was trying to tell you.

If you want to filter packets, you do it with Access Lists. There is no other way. Sorry.

Comment

can you post the output from sh run? I want to see if you have any access lists and if they are apllied to any interface.

Comment

ip access-list extended NAT
            permit ip any any
            !
            access-list 101 permit ip any 0.0.0.1 255.255.255.240
            access-list 101 permit ip any 0.0.0.49 255.255.255.0
            access-list 101 permit icmp any any echo
            access-list 101 permit ip any any
            access-list 101 permit tcp any any
            access-list 101 permit udp any any

is that enough to keep the totally router "open" ? Am i missing something?

Comment

Can you send a "show run" + "show version"

Comment

Are the access lists applied to any interfaces? If so remove them then:

1. Use a public ip address on the external and internal interfaces of the router
                2. Use a public ip address on the external interface of the firewall
                3. Use a private ip address on the internal interface of the firewall
                4. Configure the firewall to do all network address translation and packet filtering

If this method "wastes" too many public ip addresses for your comfort, then you have no choice but to configure the router to do all the network address translation. The firewall can still do all the packet filtering.

Comment

Working...
                X