WAN Point-to-Point & Frame Relay Switch Setup

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WAN Point-to-Point & Frame Relay Switch Setup

I just installed a WIC-1DSU-56K module with an RJ45 connector into my Cisco Router 2611, and it gave me the following additional interface:
    interface Serial0/0
    no ip address
    shutdown

I would like to use it for my home lab to simulate WAN Point-to-Point link between two routers for Ciscoís certification exams. In addition, I would like to configure one of the routers as a Frame Relay Switch.
    Can this be done if I configure ser0/0 on the router as DCE (Master) providing clock speed, and configure my other router as DTE (slave)?

The following is equipment that I currently have in my home lab:
    1 Cisco Router 2621
    1 Cisco Router 2611
    1 Cisco Router 1600
    2 Cisco Switch 2912
    1 PIX

I think Iím may need to purchase a two 4-Port (NM A/S) Asynchronous/Syncronous Netwok Module in order to setup one of the routers as a Frame Relay Switch along with the DCE/DTE 60 pin crossover cables. Any suggestions on the additional equipment that I may need?

tsignal32

Re: WAN Point-to-Point & Frame Relay Switch Setup

one 4A/S module is enough for FR switch, other routers only need 1 serial interface.
    I think you should buy some routers, 2 2600 and 1 1600 aren't enough for routing protocol labs.

Comment

Re: WAN Point-to-Point & Frame Relay Switch Setup

Originally posted by tsignal32 View Post

The following is equipment that I currently have in my home lab:
      1 Cisco Router 2621
      1 Cisco Router 2611
      1 Cisco Router 1600
      2 Cisco Switch 2912
      1 PIX
      Hi

I think that your currently home lab is enough to create basic point-to-point link. As Frame Relay you can use Router 2621 or Router 2611. Your configuration may looks like:

Cisco 1600 -> Frame Relay ( Cisco Router 2621 ) <- Cisco Router 2611
      Last edited by Rafaello; 29th June 2008, 15:09.

Comment

Working...
      X