Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VPN Issues - CISCO 857 - EASY VPN SERVER

Hi All,

Pretty stuck at the moment, i have an 857, useing easy VPN server, its authenticating with IAS, and all that is fine.

Its connecting to the VPN router via the client (v5) and authing with IAS, now i can ping the client (Remote user) from the Cisco box (telnet) but i cant ping the router from the remote side, also the remote user cannot see any MAIN network resources? (nor can the servers ping the remote user)

Conf is below: (conf removed - as it was correct, see next post)

Thanks in advance.

Rob
    Last edited by Shadow2k; 23rd June 2008, 15:15.
    Shadow2k - MCP, MCSA, MCSA:Security, MCSE, MCSE:Security, MCTSx8, MCITP:SA, MCITP:EA, MCITP:EDA, MCITP:VA, MCITP:EDST

Re: VPN Issues - CISCO 857 - EASY VPN SERVER

Fixed this issue a while back, but didnt have time to report the fix.

The problem was, due to having multiple gateways set-up.

So for this i set some static routes on the servers as this way alot easy.

The below command is what i used.

Start, then run, then cmd

ROUTE <VPN IP POOL> MASK <VPN SUBNET MASK> <VPN ROUTER IP> -p

so if the VPN ip pool was 192.168.20.0 with a class C subnet, and the VPN router was say, 192.168.15.254, you would use this command:

eg, "route 192.168.20.0 mask 255.255.255.0 192.168.15.254 -p"

Now the -p is for persistant, this is so it stays there even on the next reboot.

You would also need to run this on either all the servers, or all the PCs that the VPN users woul dneed to get access to.

Cheers

Rob
    Shadow2k - MCP, MCSA, MCSA:Security, MCSE, MCSE:Security, MCTSx8, MCITP:SA, MCITP:EA, MCITP:EDA, MCITP:VA, MCITP:EDST

Comment

Working...
    X