3560 performance issues

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3560 performance issues

I've recently added a 3560 switch to my existing gigastack of 3 x 3550 switches. ever since i've added the switch the network has slowed down. any device connected to the new switch is having slow network copy issue. Backups are going on 1MB / minute for all servers connected to the new switch. CNA is having performance issue as well. it takes roughtly 5-7minutes just to open CNA. anyone have any idea of what might be going wrong here? your help is highly appreciated.

Re: 3560 performance issues

If you removed the switch, is everything fine again?
    Is the IOS equal on the new switch?
    Marcel
    Technical Consultant
    Netherlands
    http://www.phetios.com
    http://blog.nessus.nl

MCITP(EA, SA), MCSA/E 2003:Security, CCNA, SNAF, DCUCI, CCSA/E/E+ (R60), VCP4/5, NCDA, NCIE - SAN, NCIE - BR, EMCPE
    "No matter how secure, there is always the human factor."

"Enjoy life today, tomorrow may never come."
    "If you're going through hell, keep going. ~Winston Churchill"

Comment

crazyleo_EA,

Is your Gigastack implementation configured for full-duplex? Are you in a cascading configuration? A little more information would be helpful.

Ryan
      Last edited by ryansmitty; 27th May 2008, 15:29.

Comment

Originally posted by Dumber View Post
        If you removed the switch, is everything fine again?
        Is the IOS equal on the new switch?
        Yes, it works fine once the switch is removed from the cluster and the IOS is equal on new switch as well.

Comment

Originally posted by ryansmitty View Post
          crazyleo_EA,

Is your Gigastack implementation configured for full-duplex? Are you in a cascading configuration? A little more information would be helpful.

Ryan
          yes, gigastack is implementation is configured for full-duplex and yes, it is cascading configuration. i've logged a support call with cisco as well. let's see what the expert has to say.

Comment

Working...
          X