Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IOS from ROMMON

Hello,

Can anyone Plz give me the detail explaination on how to copy IOS from TFTP Server to router through RomMonitor mode.Since I accidently erased the IOS from flash memory in my router.
    Thanks in advance for your reply.

Re: IOS from ROMMON

from memory just type a ? mark and you should see the commands, it should be quite straight forward using them. Setting the IP, filename, etc

Not sure what your hardware is but google shows lots of things:
    http://www.ciscoblog.com/archives/20...ering_ios.html
    The above doesn't look the same as I remember but you get the idea.
    cheers
    Andy

Please read this before you post:

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Comment

Hi,

My problem is,actually i have router with 2 ethernet ports(e0,e1).I connected my TFTP sever to my e1 port and the ip address of TFTP server is 192.168.10.1 and subnet mask is 255.255.255.0
      Also I assigned the ip address in rommon as 192.168.10.2 and subnet mask is 255.255.255.0,Now what should be my default gate way and to which port the ip address will be assigned for e0 or e1.
      Plz reply it at the earliest.Thanks in advance.

Comment

you don't need a gateway for it.
        can you ping the tftp server ?
        Marcel
        Technical Consultant
        Netherlands
        http://www.phetios.com
        http://blog.nessus.nl

MCITP(EA, SA), MCSA/E 2003:Security, CCNA, SNAF, DCUCI, CCSA/E/E+ (R60), VCP4/5, NCDA, NCIE - SAN, NCIE - BR, EMCPE
        "No matter how secure, there is always the human factor."

"Enjoy life today, tomorrow may never come."
        "If you're going through hell, keep going. ~Winston Churchill"

Comment

If your TFTP server and Cisco device are not in the same subnet you are not able to download the IOS over the network. You have to use Xmodem.
          http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/130...m_generic.html
          Regards,
          Csaba Papp
          MCSA+messaging, MCSE, CCNA
          Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate

Comment

Hi,
            Thanks for your favour but still i am having confusion like to which ethernet port the ip adress will be assigned.Plz can anyone clarify this.Awaiting for your response.Thanks in advance for your reply.

Comment

it is the first lan port. it seems that default gateway is also supported, so no need to have tftp in the same subnet.
              http://www.ciscoblog.com/archives/20...ering_ios.html
              Regards,
              Csaba Papp
              MCSA+messaging, MCSE, CCNA
              Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate

Comment

Hi,
                Suppose if i have connected the TFTP server to my second ethernet port and the ip address of TFTP server is 192.168.10.1 and subnet mask is 255.255.255.0
                I have configured through ROMmon mode the ip address is 192.168.20.1 and subnet mask is 255.255.255.0 Now what i have to configure the default gate way in my router through ROMmon.Will the ip address which i have configured in my router will be assosciated to my second ethernet port.If this configuration is wrong Plz let me know the correct configuration and in which situation i can exactly use the default gateway.Thanks for your quick reply.Awaiting your response.

Comment

I really don't know what you're problem is.
                  Can you describe what you're facing at?
                  Because for now I think you're don't have an issue...
                  Marcel
                  Technical Consultant
                  Netherlands
                  http://www.phetios.com
                  http://blog.nessus.nl

MCITP(EA, SA), MCSA/E 2003:Security, CCNA, SNAF, DCUCI, CCSA/E/E+ (R60), VCP4/5, NCDA, NCIE - SAN, NCIE - BR, EMCPE
                  "No matter how secure, there is always the human factor."

"Enjoy life today, tomorrow may never come."
                  "If you're going through hell, keep going. ~Winston Churchill"

Comment

HI Dumber,

As per the Netxt update the TFTP server and the ip adress of router which i assigned in ROMMon mode can be in diffrent subnets if that is the case than what should be my default gateway which to be assigned to the router in ROMMOn mode.Also if have connected my TFTP server to second ethernet port since my router has 2 ethernet ports to which port my Ip adress will be assigned is my question.PLZ try to clarify this at the earliest.
                    Thanks in for your reply.

Comment

Hi,

Plz anyone reply to this earliest.Rply is highly appreciated.

Comment

The ip address is assigned to the eth0 interface automatically. You don't need default gateway settings if the TFTP server is on the same network. Also is the TFTP directly connected to the router? If so, then you need a cross-over cable.

Comment

IOS from ROMMON

Good day everyone,

Well am kind of new to this whole Forum thing but am willing to give anything a chance so here goes. friday I came into work and we lost power on our router 2600 no big deal log into the router using hyperterminal but no banner no router# no nothing. ok don't panic even though my heart is racing at hundred miles and hour. I go ahead and rest the power count to 10 and cross my finger and log into the router and now am at ROMMON OK! I tried en no joy I tried config t NO! joy are my whole configuration gone. Or can anyone help. Thank you in advance

Very Respectfully
                          Luis

Comment

Working...
                          X