Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Setting up a small business network.

Hey

I am setting up a new small business network for my boss or rather I am trying to.

From what I know the following setup should work just fine.

I have received several quotes from cisco. However one of the quotes suggests that i do not need the second 1800 series router. I believe that i will need it as I must route between the VLANS.

Could someone look over the diagram and see if my thinking is correct?

Re: Setting up a small business network.

Your diagram is corect. Cisco 2960 is L2 switch and dosn't support the inter VLAN routing, so an additional routing box is needed. what you can do is to replace Cisco 2960 with a Cisco 3560 or Cisco 3750 witch are L3 switches.
    http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/coll...itches_tdm.pdf
    Regards,
    Csaba Papp
    MCSA+messaging, MCSE, CCNA
    Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate

Comment

Thank you

I looked into the 3560 series and the cost exceeds that of purchasing an 1800 and a 2960 switch. Personally I would have liked to get the 3560 but my boss isn't very tech friendly.

Comment

How many internal interfaces are on the Cisco 5505? If you have three internal interfaces you can connect one of the VLAN ports for each VLAN to a separate interface on the 5505 and let it "route" traffic between the VLAN's. This will save the cost of the 1801 router.

Comment

or get an ASA 5505 with a security plus license. That will let you do VLANs and trunking

Comment

Working...
          X