Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cisco 3650 Not Communicating with Cisco 1900

Hello, extreme newby question ...
    I installed a Cisco Catalyst 3650 switch ... using a GBIC, I want to connect a Cisco Catalyst 1900 via fiber to the 3650. The two switches are not communicating ...

Sceanario:
    Cisco 3650 ... with GBIC in the first GBIC port ... fiber patch cable from GBIC to some type of coupler that connects ensentially a fiber to fiber connection ... the fiber run ... about 100 feet ... on the other end, the fiber comes into a coupler ... which connects it with a fiber patch cord ... the cord is fed into one of the GBIC ports on the Cisco 1900.

I am not getting any kind of connection lights or activity on the 1900 side. The fiber run itself is fine. Do I need to configure the 3650 GBIC ports and if so, what do I need to do? Do I need to configure the 1900 switch GBIC port? Do I need to lower the speed of the 3650 GBIC and if so, how?

At first I thought the 3650 GBIC port was not enabled, but that does not seem to be the case.

Please advise.
    Thanks.

Re: Cisco 3650 Not Communicating with Cisco 1900

Make sure your using ISL encapsulation on your trunks (both ends). The 1900 doesnt support dot1q.
    CCNP,MCSA (Win2k),Net +,A+

Comment

Working...
    X