cisco 2924xl stuck when booting, help

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cisco 2924xl stuck when booting, help

i have a cisco 2924c XL EN switch the 8meg one, which is part of my Cisco lab. (im studying for my CCNA) as it starts to boot i get this, and no more.

Loading "flash:c2900XL-c3h2s-mz-120.5.2-XU.bin"...##############################
    ################################################## ##############################
    ################################################## #####################

File "flash:c2900XL-c3h2s-mz-120.5.2-XU.bin" uncompressed and installed, entry p
    oint: 0x3000
    executing...

ive tryed loading ios again but no luck, (same thing happens) ive removed config file as well.

this is one of two switches i got in my lab but this is the first time i have used this one, so i have tryed a few other ios as well all but one gave same reasult, but one ios (c2900XL-h-mz-112.8.3-SA3) gave a wrong software for hardware

dose anyone have any ideas, please!!

Re: cisco 2924xl stuck when booting, help

My guess is that that switch has a hardware issue as it sounds like you are doing everything right.....

Perhaps opening it up and reseating the flash or RAM could help...
    David Davis - Petri Forums Moderator & Video Training Author
    Train Signal - The Global Leader in IT Video Training
    TrainSignalTraining.com - Free IT Training Products
    Personal Websites: HappyRouter.com & VMwareVideos.com

Comment

thank you for your reply

how do you reseat flash, ram in a switch? thought it was all onboard (not seperate)

Comment

You can't reset them.

I meant to RE-SEAT them - in other words, take them out, blow out the area with canned air, clean the RAM/Flash contacts, and reinstall them firmly.

As I am suggesting that the hardware is to blame, the RAM & Flash are usually the only pieces that you can you replace, or at least try re-seat them.

Sometimes, it works but most of the time it doesn't. This is kind of my last resort step on a switch or router where I have tried reloading the IOS with a known good IOS and have had no luck.

If you have another switch of the same model, you could swap the ram & flash to see if this, currently broken, switch starts working. If you determine it is the RAM or flash, you could then buy just that component off of eaby.

Best of luck to you
        David Davis - Petri Forums Moderator & Video Training Author
        Train Signal - The Global Leader in IT Video Training
        TrainSignalTraining.com - Free IT Training Products
        Personal Websites: HappyRouter.com & VMwareVideos.com

Comment

this switch as its memory (flash, RAM) on board there are not seperate
          thanks for the advise anyway

Comment

try formatting the flash and then reload the ios in the rommon or mini-ios.
            Marcel
            Technical Consultant
            Netherlands
            http://www.phetios.com
            http://blog.nessus.nl

MCITP(EA, SA), MCSA/E 2003:Security, CCNA, SNAF, DCUCI, CCSA/E/E+ (R60), VCP4/5, NCDA, NCIE - SAN, NCIE - BR, EMCPE
            "No matter how secure, there is always the human factor."

"Enjoy life today, tomorrow may never come."
            "If you're going through hell, keep going. ~Winston Churchill"

Comment

Working...
            X