No announcement yet.

Cisco 1600 Flash Image

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cisco 1600 Flash Image

Dear All,

I have a Cisco 1600 Series, which i by mistake erased the flash memory of the router and now the router is not booting mormaly please anyone can show me what is the solution.

the message is giving me:
    device does not contain a valid magic number
    boot: cannot open "flash:"
    boot: cannot determine first file name on device "flash:"

Router(boot)#show fla

PCMCIA flash directory:
    No files in PCMCIA flash
    [0 bytes used, 4194304 available, 4194304 total]
    4096K bytes of processor board PCMCIA flash (Read/Write)

Re: Cisco 1600 Flash Image

Any idea guys to solve my problem?

Please do not bump a thread withn 24 hours. You need to give people time to respond.

A couple of minutes on Cisco's site found this article:
      How to Upgrade from ROMmon Using the Boot Image

I believe with the correct CCO login you can get a fresh 1600 image from Cisco directly. It's been AGES since I've messed with this stuff, but I believe if you start from step 5, you'll be fine.
      Last edited by Wired; 2nd July 2007, 19:19.
      ** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Thanks for the reply, sorry i am new hear and really need experts support like you, but i have a problem that i dont have CCO account which allow me to access to download the IOS image from cisco site. is there any other way or i need to contact to my Vendor to get the IOS image.

Please can you adivse me what should i do.. or may be there is away to create cisco account to allow me to download the IOS image.

Recently our company purchased Cisco Products Routers & switches. because of that do i have any right to access for username and password CCO to access the Software on the cisco website.

Thanks in advance

You need to talk to the vendor. If you purchased SMARTNet you can get a CCO account with access to download images.
          Brian Desmond
          Microsoft MVP - Directory Services