No announcement yet.

how to mask a bit for ip address

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how to mask a bit for ip address

Hello all
    i want to restrict user for using internet, for that i want to give access to only ip range like tp 20 and to 20 for that hoe to decide subnet address so that only 20 people in that range can access internet.

explain the method for subnet these bits

Thank you

Re: how to mask a bit for ip address

Do I understand that you want to restrict about 20 users on your internal network from accessing the Internet except for a range of IP addresses from to and to

Or you have a range of Internal IP addresses[/B] to and to that you want some 20 users in that range to have Internet access?

Is that it or have I got one or both the senarios completley wrong? What is the final aim you wish to achieve with your quetion that I don't understand?
    Departed: 23rd December 2015

Re: how to mask a bit for ip address

I like this article:

If I understand correctly (doubtful), your request for 20 addresses isn't gonna work as it's not a correct subnet mask.

You can do 30 or 14 (32 and 16 but top addr is broadcast id and bottom addr is network id).

Also don't forget to include your gateway IP into the range leaving one less IP for your machines:

Using your example:

Subnet mask =
      Network ID =
      Host range = -
      Broadcast Address =

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

2006-2099 R Valstar. This post is offered "as is" for discussion purposes only with no express or implied warranty of any kind including, but not limited to, correctness or fitness for use. Nothing herein shall be construed as advice. Attempting any activity based on information in this post is done at your own risk.