Cisco 3620 Series Router

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cisco 3620 Series Router

I've got a Cisco 3620 Series Router that's been collecting dust and I'm wondering what kind of practical use I can put it to, if any. Otherwise I think I'll give it up to someone who can put it to use. CCNA candiate maybe? May be worth a few bucks on an auction site but I try to stay away from selling as much as possible (too much hassle).

The front has a CON and AUX port, as well as two empty PCMCIA slots.

The rear has two modules in it:

*One module with two wide ports, labeled ASYNC 8-15 and ASYNC 0-7. My guess would be that one of these would connect to a CSU/DSU

*The other module has TOKEN RING 0 and ETHERNET 0 ports

I do have a little bit of TOKEN RING in my basement but I thinned out most of what I had last year.
    Attached Files
    VCDX3 #34, VCDX4, VCDX5, VCAP4-DCA #14, VCAP4-DCD #35, VCAP5-DCD, VCPx4, vEXPERTx4, MCSEx3, MCSAx2, MCP, CCAx2, A+
    boche.net - VMware Virtualization Evangelist
    My advice has no warranties. Follow at your own risk.

Re: Cisco 3620 Series Router

Hi Jason,

The Async card is to connect serial devices and use it as a terminal server. Thus, it would make a good termserver for someone's Cisco CCNA/CCNP/CCIE study rack. That way, you could telnet to the termserver, then telnet to each devices' console & change between them quickly to config.

I'd be glad to take it off your hands to help clean out your basement

All the Best to you,
    David Davis - Petri Forums Moderator & Video Training Author
    Train Signal - The Global Leader in IT Video Training
    TrainSignalTraining.com - Free IT Training Products
    Personal Websites: HappyRouter.com & VMwareVideos.com

Comment

I now have a fairly loaded Cisco 4006. Hopefully this will be of some assistance.
      Attached Files
      VCDX3 #34, VCDX4, VCDX5, VCAP4-DCA #14, VCAP4-DCD #35, VCAP5-DCD, VCPx4, vEXPERTx4, MCSEx3, MCSAx2, MCP, CCAx2, A+
      boche.net - VMware Virtualization Evangelist
      My advice has no warranties. Follow at your own risk.

Comment

Originally posted by jasonboche View Post
        I now have a fairly loaded Cisco 4006. Hopefully this will be of some assistance.
        You could get more than a few bucks on ebay for that thing given how loaded it is. THose are still in use in corporate deployments.
        Thanks,
        Brian Desmond
        Microsoft MVP - Directory Services
        www.briandesmond.com

Comment

Working...
        X