Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bonding 3 T1's while watching QoS for VoIP

Good evening Gentlemen,

I currently have 2 T1's running between 2 offices.
    One T1 carries data and the other carries VoIP traffic.

At either end of the links I have a 2600 with 2 WIC cards to handle the T1 lines.

Now, I have a need for more bandwidth. I need to bring in another T1 line and am considering bondign all 3 together and setting up QoS for VoIP traffic. The VoIP traffic/system that we currently have is the Nortel BCM.

So my question to you is:

What do you recommend for end point router equipment as I realise that the 2600's will need to be replaced.

Will I effectively be able to bond all 3 T1 lines and set QoS up for VoIP?

Should I just bond 2 T1's together for data traffic and keep the VoIP on its own T1.

Our VoIP traffic isn't heavy and we could probably get away with 256k of BW but jsut in case I need to make sure I can get more if need.

I an interested in hearing all of your constructive wisdom on this little project.

Thanks,

Chris
    Chris

Re: Bonding 3 T1's while watching QoS for VoIP

Bonding them is fine, or you could just bond 2 and keep 1 for voice. Either works - really is whatever you're comfortable with.

For platform, I know nothing abotu your organization, but a 2811 has four HWIC slots. You may need V2 T1 WICs for it though ... don't know offhand.

You might also discuss with your carrier the cost of upgrading to a fractional DS3 vs adding the third T1.
    Thanks,
    Brian Desmond
    Microsoft MVP - Directory Services
    www.briandesmond.com

Comment

Re: Bonding 3 T1's while watching QoS for VoIP

Originally posted by KnacK View Post

Our VoIP traffic isn't heavy and we could probably get away with 256k of BW but jsut in case I need to make sure I can get more if need.

Chris
      Configure QoS for 3rd line and devote 256 kbps for voice. Remaining use for data/video etc.
      All in 1
      Solaris,Linux & Windows admin + networking.

Comment

Working...
      X