Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How Do I Split Internet Traffic On My Internal Network

Hi Guys,

I need a solution to split internet traffic on our internal network. In order words we want all internet traffic to go out via an adsl model instead of via the wan link. Someone suggested Cisco Optimized Edge Routing. Is this correct or do you have any other suggestions?

Thanks

Re: How Do I Split Internet Traffic On My Internal Network

Why not use routes? Set your ADSL gateway as the default gateway on clients or proxy server and then only set default gateway of the wan link for other clients that you want to go over the wan?
    Server 2000 MCP
    Development: ASP, ASP.Net, PHP, VB, VB.Net, MySQL, MSSQL - Check out my blog http://tonyyeb.blogspot.com

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

Comment

Hi bigkyle,

I agree with tonyyeb.

Use something simple like routing or a proxy server.

OER is cool but is a higher end (and more complex) solution.

Let us know how it goes!

Thanks,
      David Davis - Petri Forums Moderator & Video Training Author
      Train Signal - The Global Leader in IT Video Training
      TrainSignalTraining.com - Free IT Training Products
      Personal Websites: HappyRouter.com & VMwareVideos.com

Comment

Yep - routing is the key here... Default Route to the internet and then longer prefixes that match your WAN locations. Have you deployed any summarisation on your WAN to provide a simple set of routes?

I have a customer with this problem, they have implemented Policy Base Routing (PBR) to force traffic in a different direction. PBR is a dangerous thing though and in my opinion it's only used when something has been badly designed or messed up.

Good luck

Jez

Comment

Working...
        X