Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to list the IP used on each port, Cisco Catalyst 2970?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to list the IP used on each port, Cisco Catalyst 2970?

1. I've installed Cisco Network Assistant on my desktop and browsing the Cisco Catalyst 2970 switches.
    2. A total of 24 port, with 7 different VLAN, I need to know each port used by which computer IP address.
    3. How to execute the checking or command?

Re: How to list the IP used on each port, Cisco Catalyst 2970?

I think not many uses GUI based tool to configure Cisco Switches. Try using Hyper Terminal ? Command line based traditional way ? Very easy ... Just say VLAN2 and put IP , etc etc ...Give name for that VLAN and thats it .... Ofcourse you'll need specificy full duplex/half duplex mode and blah blah blah..Trunk and other settings....But not that difficult if you are well aware of Cisco IOS Easy

Originally posted by zailanusman View Post
    1. I've installed Cisco Network Assistant on my desktop and browsing the Cisco Catalyst 2970 switches.
    2. A total of 24 port, with 7 different VLAN, I need to know each port used by which computer IP address.
    3. How to execute the checking or command?
    All in 1
    Solaris,Linux & Windows admin + networking.

Comment

Re: How to list the IP used on each port, Cisco Catalyst 2970?

Hi zailanusman,

Thanks for your post!

On a switch, you can easily do the show mac-address-table command (pasted in below) and see what MAC is on what port. You can also do show arp to see what IPs are on what port but it will only show you things that have arp'ed recently, not everything.

I believe that CNA is only going to be able to do what can be done at the command line. There may be some command that I am missing

A great tool to do what you want to do is Solarwinds Engineer's toolset- switch port mapper. They have a free trial of it.

Thanks,
      David Davis - Petri Forums Moderator & Video Training Author
      Train Signal - The Global Leader in IT Video Training
      TrainSignalTraining.com - Free IT Training Products
      Personal Websites: HappyRouter.com & VMwareVideos.com

Comment

Working...
      X