Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cisco 857 RPC Problem!!! Only Gurus can help.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cisco 857 RPC Problem!!! Only Gurus can help.

I have connected two site vie site to site VPN. Cisco 857
    SHA1-3DES-DH Group2 - Preshared key
    My networks are 192.168.1.0 and 192.168.2.0
    Windows Server 2003 R2's are 192.168.1.50 and 192.168.2.50

192.168.1.50 pings 192.168.2.50 with TTL 126. No Problem!
    192.168.1.50 writes \\192.168.2.50 and sees the shared folders. No Problem!
    Client 192.168.1.10 makes remote desktop connection to server 192.168.1.50. N.P.!
    Client 192.168.2.10 makes remote desktop connection to server 192.168.2.50. N.P.!
    And EVERYTHING else works, it really does but:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    When i try to make remote desktop connection from 192.168.1.50 to 192.168.2.50, i enter the credentials and the screen goes blank for 3 minutes and bang!! RPC error!

When i try to replicate active directory, "BANG" RPC error!!

When i try to manage a computer remotely, "BANG" RPC error!!!

All these services work locally and they also work when i access them from a public network. But when it comes to VPN tunneling RPC does not work.

I have looked throgh internet for such information and i could not find even a slight hint. And i really wonder if you can find something to tell about this.

In short: Everything works except RPC through VPN.

Thanks

Re: Cisco 857 RPC Problem!!! Only Gurus can help.

Ok. Then let me ask you this: Has anyone ever succeeded a remote desktop connection or active directory replication through Cisco VPN? If this is not possible i wonder why there is such a thing like VPN.

Comment

Re: Cisco 857 RPC Problem!!! Only Gurus can help.

Hi lordjaguar,

Any traffic you can send over a network connection can also be sent over a VPN - one way or another.

On each side of your connection, on the routers, there is a crypto map that points to an ACL. What does the ACL look like? Can you post it? What traffic is allowed and denied in the ACL? This is the traffic that will or won't be encrypted in the VPN.
      David Davis - Petri Forums Moderator & Video Training Author
      Train Signal - The Global Leader in IT Video Training
      TrainSignalTraining.com - Free IT Training Products
      Personal Websites: HappyRouter.com & VMwareVideos.com

Comment

Working...
      X