Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Using different ports to handle services on the same IP.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Using different ports to handle services on the same IP.

We need to setup RDP access for multiple computers using the same IP.

Person 1 uses [external IP]:2001 to connect to computer A
    Person 2 uses [external IP]:2002 to connect to computer B

In both cases the same external IP is used, but different ports. The internal IP's are different, but use the same internal port.

Here's the commands I tried using:

static (inside,outside) tcp [external IP] 2001 10.0.0.101 3389
    static (inside,outside) tcp [external IP] 2002 10.0.0.102 3389

When I try this I get an error saying it is a duplicate entry.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Re: Using different ports to handle services on the same IP.

I'm not a Cisco guy but I did find a nice Port Forwarding example for you:

http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/707/28.html#topic9
    Cheers,

Rick

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

2006-2099 R Valstar. This post is offered "as is" for discussion purposes only with no express or implied warranty of any kind including, but not limited to, correctness or fitness for use. Nothing herein shall be construed as advice. Attempting any activity based on information in this post is done at your own risk.

Comment

Thanks for the response. I checked the link and it looks like they are just doing simple Port translation using the method I described in my post. Unfortunately that won't work for what I'm trying to do.

Comment

Yes, but there are some other bits in there. Do you have all the necessary supporting bits? I'm guessing this is a production kit so you can't try whatever but do see if some of that crappauge (French for [email protected]#$ is missing.
        Cheers,

Rick

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

2006-2099 R Valstar. This post is offered "as is" for discussion purposes only with no express or implied warranty of any kind including, but not limited to, correctness or fitness for use. Nothing herein shall be construed as advice. Attempting any activity based on information in this post is done at your own risk.

Comment

Working...
        X