Connceting 2600 router

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Connceting 2600 router

I have three 2600 routers . I just want to experinment with them by connecting them together and connecting a pc to each end. Can someone guide me how should I go about doing this. I mean which ports would be needed.

Re: Connceting 2600 router

It depends entirely on what ports your routers have.

Assuming your routers all have the necessary ports (ex, two ethernet ports), if you wanted to hook these up to learn how to route, this can be accomplished by putting each router in it's own separate IP addressing and subnetting scheme. If they're all on the same scheme, no "routing" really occurs.

Once you've set all the IP addresses and subnets, you enable routing with the protocol of your choice and go to town.

Mind you, I'm new to Cisco myself. Are you looking for more specific help (ie. commands, etc)?

Chris

Comment

Thanks Chris . no I am just looking for how to connect device in the proper manner what harware (cards,ports, cables) will be required and how to connect them physically. Configuration thing is easy to play around once everything is connected right and working.

Comment

Hi Makhan,

I think what Chris meant was: what PHYSICAL ports do your routers have? There's a great variation in Cisco hardware. So, if you look on the back of them, there will be at least:

-a power connector
        -a console connection
        -possibly an aux port

But what else do you see? This is what we need to know, before we can tell you
        what cables & connectors you need to buy.

"Configuration thing is easy to play around once everything is connected right and working."

How I wish this were true!

regards,

theterranaut

Comment

Originally posted by theterranaut View Post
          Hi Makhan,

I think what Chris meant was: what PHYSICAL ports do your routers have? There's a great variation in Cisco hardware. So, if you look on the back of them, there will be at least:

-a power connector
          -a console connection
          -possibly an aux port

But what else do you see? This is what we need to know, before we can tell you
          what cables & connectors you need to buy.

"Configuration thing is easy to play around once everything is connected right and working."

How I wish this were true!

regards,

theterranaut
          That's what I was thinking! Cisco routers aren't exactly PnP devices... If they were, I wouldn't have asked my questions!

Comment

Working...
          X