Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WAN, Routing and Switching: Internet Routing with Catalyst 3550

Hi Guys,
    Wherever possible I try to use the right tool for the job, however sometimes we are required to use the wrong tool for a variety of reason.

I've been given a Catalyst 3550 to use for a newly provisioned ethernet-terminated internet service, and been given the public IP for the service (let's say 202.202.202.10). I need to essentially use the switch as a 24 FE port router, so I've tried the following with no dice;

1) New VLAN 202, new interface vlan202 with IP 202.202.202.10, switchport access vlan202 on FastEthernet 0/1, static route 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 to that VLAN interface. Can't ping from switch to internet.

2) "no switchport" on the port and give it the ip directly, add static route 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 via fastethernet 0/1, also not able to ping internet from switch.

Any pointers guys? how do I go about this...

Re: WAN, Routing and Switching: Internet Routing with Catalyst 3550

Hi Elomis,

I'm asssuming if you've managed to add routes to this device then its the EMI version?

Just an observation, but if your public IP is 202.202.202.10, and your static (default) route points to the same IP, where is 'internet' traffic going to go? Shouldn't you have a default route to your next hop instead?

theterranaut

Comment

Working...
    X