Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• routing on the same physical subnet

Hello All

We currently have a Cisco router with one ethernet interface free. The other interface is currently configured as the default gateway. This router is also used as my internet router.

I am currently on a class C 192.168.1.x range and want to attempt routing between this subnet and a class B 172.16.0.x subnet on the same physical network.

I have currently assigned a 172.16.0.X IP address to the free ethernet interface. I have tested using a desktop and routing between the two subnets is happening except for web traffic.

For some reason when I open IE I cannot browse at all and nslookup and tracert show me no outgoing traffic once it hits the ethernet interface.

Can someone please help me on this.

Re: routing on the same physical subnet

Raj,

I'm not a Cisoco guru by any means but i think you may need to enter a route from your 172 network to your 192 network.

Now i'm sure that someone who is a guru will be along to help.

This MAY help in the meantime

http://www.tech-recipes.com/cisco_router_tips76.html

Comment

Thanks for the help

Comment

HI Raj Dodderi,

Thanks for your post.

If you are still having trouble with this, please post a copy of your routing table (the output from show ip routes). I'll see what I can do to assist.

Thanks
        David
        David Davis - Petri Forums Moderator & Video Training Author
        Train Signal - The Global Leader in IT Video Training
        TrainSignalTraining.com - Free IT Training Products
        Personal Websites: HappyRouter.com & VMwareVideos.com

Comment

Raj,
          Plz check is there access-list configure on your router. Access-list may b stoping your web communication. One more thing which routing protocol u r using? if u using rip or igrp check your ip addresses and sub net mask

Comment

Working...
          X