No announcement yet.

CCNA Studying

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CCNA Studying

I want to take a test in CCNA, and would like to know if there is prefered way to study for that test.
    I would be very thankfull if you give me some way to study for the test.

Thanks ahead,

Re: CCNA Studying

2 words:
    Practical Experience
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

I totally agree.
      Soon, i also start with CCNA (internal course) including a lot of pratical.
      The total duration takes about 5 months.
      Technical Consultant

MCITP(EA, SA), MCSA/E 2003:Security, CCNA, SNAF, DCUCI, CCSA/E/E+ (R60), VCP4/5, NCDA, NCIE - SAN, NCIE - BR, EMCPE
      "No matter how secure, there is always the human factor."

"Enjoy life today, tomorrow may never come."
      "If you're going through hell, keep going. ~Winston Churchill"

Let me elaborate a little.
        I would recommend the following:
        1. Obtain & read Cisco Press CCNA books
        2. buy 2 used routers from ebay
        3. buy the TrainSignal Cisco CBT's that cover the CCNA material at
        4. As you run across questions or have trouble understanding, post your questions to the Cisco Routers & Switches CCNA Forum!

David Davis - Petri Forums Moderator & Video Training Author
        Train Signal - The Global Leader in IT Video Training - Free IT Training Products
        Personal Websites: &

Originally posted by Ossian
          2 words:
          Practical Experience
          I passed my CCNA with no practical experience at all. Just bought myself Todd Lammle's CCNA study guide and that was enough for me (I don't even work with Cisco kit day in day out!)

Onto my CCNP now - its pretty hard going !

Originally posted by Miket
            I passed my CCNA with no practical experience at all
            oh dear
            Michael Armstrong
            MCITP: EA, MCTS, MCSE 2003, MCSA 2003: Messaging, CCA, VCP 3.5, 4, 5, VCAP5-DCD, VCAP5-DCA, ITIL, MCP, PGP Certified Technician

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

Yeah we had a guy like you in for an interview once Miket, he'd done the CCNA but obviously had no experience, he could pass the exam but that was about it. He couldn't answer the one Cisco question on the questionaire we use to test candidates - what command do you run to move to priviliged mode on a Cisco router/firewall.
              Needless to say he got tossed out on his ear pretty quickly, we figure if that was his attitude towards learning Cisco hardware what use was he really going to be to us...

The best way to pass your exam in EDITED

My freind go to google type EDITED then translate it into english
                download fresh dumps, Books. simulator.

Our if possible go to which gives you CIsco press book which is awsome.

Best of luck for you exam

Take care
                Last edited by biggles77; 23rd October 2006, 05:32. Reason: Edited out URL seemed a bit suspect. No positive proof therefore no ban....yet.

Hearty_hell the site you posted I suspect is a warez site, but I didn't hang around long enough to gather proof. If I have picked up any malware, spyware etc because of my need to check the link YOU provided.........HIDE!!!
                  Departed: 23rd December 2015