Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problems during post Cisco 837

Hi,
    I have recently obtained a second hand Cisco 837 router to practice for my CCNA exam. I have connected to the console port configured hyperterminal to the correct settings. When booting router the 4 network port led's flash continuously but nothing appears on laptop screen. I have tested against another cisco router and all is ok so must assume all perpherals set up correctly. Have scoured Cisco website in vain. Has anyone come across this problem or know of a solution?

Cheers.

Re: Problems during post Cisco 837

Originally posted by agedmcse
    Hi,
    I have recently obtained a second hand Cisco 837 router to practice for my CCNA exam. I have connected to the console port configured hyperterminal to the correct settings. When booting router the 4 network port led's flash continuously but nothing appears on laptop screen. I have tested against another cisco router and all is ok so must assume all perpherals set up correctly. Have scoured Cisco website in vain. Has anyone come across this problem or know of a solution?

Cheers.
    You can't make an omelette without breaking an egg

Comment

Hi agedmcse,

I would take out the RAM and flash blow the router out, clean the gold connections with alchohol and put them back in. If it still happens, put only one of the RAM chips in at a time.

I am thinking you have a hardware issue and the RAM & Flash may be the only pieces you can troubleshoot on an 800 series.

Let us know how it goes.

David
      David Davis - Petri Forums Moderator & Video Training Author
      Train Signal - The Global Leader in IT Video Training
      TrainSignalTraining.com - Free IT Training Products
      Personal Websites: HappyRouter.com & VMwareVideos.com

Comment

Sadly, no joy but thanks anyway. Have purchased Boson Netsim now so no excuse for not geting CCNA now.
        Regards,
        Alan

Comment

Working...
        X