X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cisco 3650 Catalyst conf ?

Hello,
    We bought Cisco 3560 Catalyst layer III switch. An egineer from the vendor
    came and configured it. The guy created 4 VLAN's. And other thing.s 2 days ago
    i went through user manual of the switch. The manual says through web interface
    also we can configure the respective switch. Anybody have hands on experience
    on 3650 switch and configured it via web based int ? I am curious to know. If
    it's possible to configure via web int then not hard to create VLAN's and port based security ...

Regard's,
    Amey.
    [ Sorry it's 3560 Switch not 3650 switch ... ]
    Last edited by sco1984; 22nd September 2006, 12:57.
    All in 1
    Solaris,Linux & Windows admin + networking.

Re: Cisco 3650 Catalyst conf ?

Hello Amey,

Honestly my knowledge is limited with the web int (mainly because I don't use it), but I do not believe that configuring Port Security and VLANS is currently an option. You can check under the "Smartports" option if it is available to you. It's normally found under the "Configuration" Tab or menu.

Are you familiar with the CLI? I strongly recommend the CLI to anyone configuring a Cisco Router/Switch. If you post your desired results, I will be happy to share what little knowledge I have.

Thank you and Good Luck!

6g

Comment

Originally posted by Sixgauge
      Hello Amey,

I do not believe that configuring Port Security and VLANS is currently an option

Thank you and Good Luck!

6g
      I passed CCNA by 4th May 2006. I learnt many things during self study of CCNA.
      I also used to visit Cisco Discussion forum. I saw many persons were asking about port based security in Cisco Catalyst switches.I was not very sure. But yes it is for sure that we can do that. In 2950 Catalyst also we can do that. You can download Boson NetSim simulator and try. You can also creat VLAN's in Cisco switches as well as in 3COM switches. You can refer Cisco's documentation Technology is really moving too fast. Today i dont really know anything about Voice over IP ..But Cisco is the no.1 leader in that product range also. Cisco Call Manager is an powerful tool through which it's possible multi tasking over Internet Protocol. Video conferencing, audio, e-mailing and etc etc. It's been interesting to work on pure Cisco product platform, my bad luck is i got jon in Windows admin
      field where my role is to manage Active Directory and Exchange etc etc .. Not bad anyway ....I have been sticking with my Microsoft certs since 2002..Hehe ..That
      time i read a line in a magazine "Folder level security in Windows 2000" and i was
      thrilled.. :P And afterwards i joined MCSE 2000 training, my Active Directory
      exam was so bad .... :9 ..Anyway IT talks never stop .

Regard's,
      Amey Abhyankar.
      All in 1
      Solaris,Linux & Windows admin + networking.

Comment

I'm confused..

I thought you were asking if configuring VLANs and Port Security was an option through the web interface.

Is that what you meant to ask?

Configuring VLANs and Port Security is very easy through the CLI. If you are configuring Port Security with Cisco IP Phones attached it gets a little tricky because you must add one (1) to the number of allowable MACs. I can find the document to explain what I mean by that if its needed.

Nevertheless, If you know of a way that configuring Port Security and VLANs are possible through the web interface, please share that info with me.

Thanks,

Comment

Hi sco1984
          Thanks for all your posts!

I have a 3750 (similar to a 3760) and the web interface is very limited. There is no way to configure port security or vlans. I have attached a screen shot of my web interface. Yes, you can use it to configure the switch but, in my case, not the features you are asking about. Perhaps there is an upgrade or the 3760 is different.

Let us know what you find. If there is no gui interface, configuring these features with the command line is not difficult and that is really where most people do it.

Again, thanks for all the posts!

-David
          Attached Files
          David Davis - Petri Forums Moderator & Video Training Author
          Train Signal - The Global Leader in IT Video Training
          TrainSignalTraining.com - Free IT Training Products
          Personal Websites: HappyRouter.com & VMwareVideos.com

Comment

Working...
          X