Unable to lower security setting for Internet zone in IE6

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unable to lower security setting for Internet zone in IE6

Users connect to a Windows 2003 Terminal Server. When they try to download a file from the internet they get error
    "Your current security settings do not allow this file to be downloaded."

The Security level on the Internet zone is set a High. I cannot lower it down to medium, cause it would prompt
    "The recommended security level for this zone is "High"
    The level you have chosen is lower than this. Please choose a security level of "High" or higher.

I know there are no GPOs configured for IE. I have verified that via rsop and gpresult. Even the administartor is not able to lower the security setting for the Internet zone.

I know by default the IE Enhanced security will set Internet zone setting at High and adding the site to the 'Trusted sites' list should resolve the issue. But on a clean install of w2k3, I am able to lower the security setting, so why not on this server?

Where else can I look to see whats enforcing this setting?

Re: Unable to lower security setting for Internet zone in IE6

Hi

You can try and remove the Internet explorer enhanced security configuration from the add/remove windows component screen.

Comment

I dont think thats a real solution. There should be a way around this issue. I think there is something enforcing this setting, but it aint GPO or local policy.

Comment

Itís very real :=)

Microsoft added this enhancement because they didnít want people to use the browser on a server (not mentioning downloading stuff).

There's No way around as far as I knowÖ and you can always reinstall it.

Let me know if u seceded or you've found a different way .

Comment

Depending on how the TS was installed will affect this...
          http://technet2.microsoft.com/Window....mspx#termserv
          Scroll down to Internet Explorer Enhanced Security Configuration and terminal servers if not already there...
          Regards,
          Jeremy

Network Consultant/Engineer
          Baltimore - Washington area and beyond
          www.gma-cpa.com

Comment

Working...
          X