Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Terminal Server Issue

Hi There.

I wonder if you guys can be of some help.

I have a client that is running windows 2003 server, there is a terminal licensing server installed and running.

However when the clients try to connect they cannot do so. I have tried from my laptop and it tries to connect and then boom, it just gets dropped. There are no event errors that i can see of. Any way to trouble shoot this to find out what the prob is?

Thanks

Re: Terminal Server Issue

One little thing i forgot to mention.

In my terminal Server licensing console the licensing server had a yellow question mark next to it.

I right click it and i see there is an activate option. However the clients were working 100% until friday. Does the server need to be activated?

Comment

Originally posted by bwebber
      One little thing i forgot to mention.

In my terminal Server licensing console the licensing server had a yellow question mark next to it.

I right click it and i see there is an activate option. However the clients were working 100% until friday. Does the server need to be activated?
      Yes, IIRC it needs to be activated after 90 or 120 days.

Tom
      Tom Jones
      MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
      PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
      IT Trainer / Consultant
      Ossian Ltd
      Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Funny thing is that you can still connect to other servers on the network, they are also using the same terminal licensing server.

Comment

All servers have remote desktop for administration, allowing 2 free connections.
          Tom Jones
          MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
          PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
          IT Trainer / Consultant
          Ossian Ltd
          Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Well i have figured it out eventually. The same day as well :P

They had 2 licensing servers running, the terminal server they were connecting to had expired, so i un-installed the licensing server off of the terminal server and connected it to the terminal server running licensing manager and it leased the server a license. AND BANG!! :P Everyone one could connect again, funny that hey

Thanks for you guys help though anyways.

Have fun.

Ahhhh Finally spring rains are upon us.

Comment

Working...
            X