Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Applications errors

Hi guys,

I'm running Citrix MetaFrame 4.0 on Win2ks. The problem I have is that my users can no longer access Office and other applications through Citrix terminal services. If I give them admin priviliges than they can. But this is something we can not do...
    What happened was, our server wouldn't boot anymore and after we managed to restarted it we had to repair windows, reinstall citrix and other applications and we got that problem...
    Any ideas will be more than welcome.
    Thank you.

Florin

Re: Applications errors

This is not a practice I'd recommend, as a known, reliable configuration is paramount for terminal servers, otherwise you'll spend forever chasing your tail. I do NOT troubleshoot or make any changes to production terminal servers (with or w/o Citrix) past a reboot, checking the printer spooler, event logs.... If I can't determine the problem in 15 minutes I do one of two things:

1. Pull the server's disk so it can be loaded in a test server for further troubleshooting is deemed necessary

2. Reimage the server from a know good system image, i.e. with Ghost.

Reimaging a server should take no longer than 30 minutes, so I can't see troubleshooting a production server for a long period of time.

If you don't have a known good system image, you've now learned why this is important, and should take the time to build one now. If you need help with this, let me know.
    Patrick Rouse
    Microsoft MVP - Terminal Server, Provision Networks VIP
    President - Session Computing Solutions, LLC
    http://www.sessioncomputing.com

Comment

Thank you Patrick,

Appreciate it. I was thinking about using Ghost and I also brought this up to my boss but...you see, I started working for this company like a month ago right after I finished the school so...you know what I mean...
      Could you recommand me a couple of links about imaging?...
      Thank you.

Florin

Comment

Thank you Patrick.

Comment

Working...
        X