No announcement yet.

terminal server issue

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• terminal server issue

we had an electrical blackout last week. after servers boot again one of the terminal servers doesnt allow any terminal connection to. i open remote desktop than i get the logon screen. when i login as administrator or any other user for that matter it looks like i can log in for one second. but than i get "save your settings" and the session logs out. no error massage is given and nothing in the event log. i tried to reinstall terminal server and to apply sp1. yet to no avail. any idea ?

Re: terminal server issue

Its a bad idea not to use UPS... This may require reinstall (Format and install from 0) the server or restore it from backup...

You can try to delete the user profiel and check if this problem occur again.
    You can try also to use Safe Mode to see if the problem occur in limit system
    boot - And if this problem return, then you will need to restore the server from backup (This the quick solution).
    I guess also that you use not VLK version of Win 2003 so this problem could occur due Activation problem.

Best Regards,

Yuval Sinay

LinkedIn:, Blog:

Did you try to log on locally? Was it successful?
      Similar thing is happening if the system is not have or not able to access its paging file.
      Csaba Papp
      MCSA+messaging, MCSE, CCNA
      Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate

after i uninstall/reinstall video card it solved the issue. all credit goes to patrick rouse :

sorry wrong one - here it is:

Fabulous advice given there
            Patrick Rouse
            Microsoft MVP - Terminal Server, Provision Networks VIP
            President - Session Computing Solutions, LLC