Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Remote Connections to Windows 2003 server

Good Morning,

I recently implemented a 2003 AD Domain. I have users on XP and Web servers using 2003. I'm having trouble allowing the users to connect to the webservers via Remtoe Desktop.

I don't want to create a local admin account on the machines. This is the only way I have been able to give them remote access.

Is there something I need to do in Group Policy?

When the user attempts to connect remotely, they receive the following message:

"The local policy does not allow interactive logons to this machine"

I created a group in AD and then on the local machine granted allow logon locally rights to the group. It still is having problems.

Any ideas?

Add the user account to the list of users who can remotely control the computer.

Admin accounts can connect without having explicitly been assigned this permission. This is most likely the reason why it works only when you assign the user admin rights.

Since you've already created a group just add it to the Remote Desktop Users built-in local group to give those users the needed permissions - this should then allow them to logon.

This window shows what users have the right to logon using Remote Desktop. Default for Win2003 allows only 2 simultaneous connections. If you need more you'll need to install Terminal Server.
    Andrew

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

Comment

Still Not Working

I attempted adding the group to the section you stated. I am still receiving an error:

The system cannot log you on due to the following error:
      Access is denied

Please try again or consult your System Administrator

Any more ideas?

Comment

Re: Still Not Working

Originally posted by asam71
        I attempted adding the group to the section you stated. I am still receiving an error:

The system cannot log you on due to the following error:
        Access is denied

Please try again or consult your System Administrator

Any more ideas?
        If you look in the dialog shown in the screenshot does it show the users?
        Andrew

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

Comment

Working...
        X