No announcement yet.

??Remote Desktop Question??

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ??Remote Desktop Question??

Right now I can connect from a Win2k machine to my Server 2003 machine with Remote Desktop. I was wandering if there is a way to connect a Win2k machine to another Win2k machine using the same technology (not using Pc Anywhere or any others like it, just through terminal services or remote desktop).

You can use Terminal Services if you set it up (W2K Server) remote -> server. There is also Netmeeting remote desktop. The problem with Netmeeting if that you need to enable remote desktop via the application in order for it to work, and the remote desktop listening service must be running. However the benefit of it (if you want to call it that) is that you can use it on WinXP, W2k3, W2K Pro, Server, Win98, Win95 as long as you have the application installed but, it comes with most versions of windows by default.

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

or you could just install VNC server on the system, and run the client on the other client.
      Brad Bentley