Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2008 R2 TS/RDS and giving a user access to right to the registry and resetting users

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2008 R2 TS/RDS and giving a user access to right to the registry and resetting users

Hi

Two questions:

I have a member of the IT dept who needs to be able to write to the registry on the terminal server but I don't want him to be an administrator on the domain.

He would also like to be able to reset users on the Terminal Server Manager.

Does anyone have any suggestions how this can be achieved?

Thanks

Re: 2008 R2 TS/RDS and giving a user access to right to the registry and resetting us

For the first, they need to be made a local administrator on the TS

For the second, what do you mean by "resetting users" - if the password/account in AD, you can use delegation of control.
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Re: 2008 R2 TS/RDS and giving a user access to right to the registry and resetting us

Thanks, I'm referring to resetting a user's session on the terminal services.

Comment

Local administrator should do that as well
        Tom Jones
        MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
        PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
        IT Trainer / Consultant
        Ossian Ltd
        Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Working...
        X