Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Terminal Server Freezes

Hi All,

Off late we have started experiencing issues with our terminal server Windows 2003. The server freezes intermittently, and no one cant login to it, it just stays stuck at: Configuring Remote Session. Only a reboot resolves the issue; it works fine for a day or two and then the issue happens again.

Eventviewer does not reflect anything unusual.

I can access and disconnect the user sessions using the remote utility of Terminal Services Manager from a different server or using the command line qwinsta and rwinsta; however; disconnecting the sessions does not resolve the issue.

I also tried the remote utility to access the event log during such server state; however it froze too.

Any suggestions
    Rajeev

Re: Terminal Server Freezes

Some general things you can do:

- Check the hardware and make sure the CPU, RAM, and disk are error free. Run memory and disk diagnostics.
    - Defrag the volume(s)
    - Instal firmware updates
    - install Windows updates
    - If this started after installing an update, roll back updates to see if the issue is resolved
    - Track down the "usual" errors in the Event log and eliminate them if possible
    - Upgrade to Windows Server 2012 R2
    Regards,
    Jeremy

Network Consultant/Engineer
    Baltimore - Washington area and beyond
    www.gma-cpa.com

Comment

Hi Mate,

Thanks very much ...however I was able to resolve the issue. Could not post it here. I tried disabling the anti-virus and the freeze stopped happening. So I called the anti-virus support team, they provided me some settings that I needed to change and make the anti-virus server aware and fortunately no issues since then....

Thanks
      Rajeev

Comment

Telling us which AV it was would be helpful for others who have the same problem
        Tom Jones
        MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
        PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
        IT Trainer / Consultant
        Ossian Ltd
        Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

IT's webroot anywhere...

Comment

Thanks for sharing your solution with us!
            Regards,
            Jeremy

Network Consultant/Engineer
            Baltimore - Washington area and beyond
            www.gma-cpa.com

Comment

Working...
            X