No announcement yet.

Event ID 6005 on 2K8R2 Term Serers

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Event ID 6005 on 2K8R2 Term Serers

We have several 2K8R2 Terminal/RDS servers located at several different locations throughout North America. Somewhat recently, some of these servers will hang on login at various stages of adding group policies, ie "Applying Group Policy Printers" or "Applying Folder Redirection".

The event viewer application log file shows multiple instances of:

Event ID: 6005 Source: Microsoft-Windows-WinLogon
    is taking long time to handle the notification event (Logon)
    What's odd is, this issue affects servers randomly. Each site has at least 2 TS servers. All of them are the same hardware (Dell T410's and T420's) and same level of Windows updates. The TS servers are "synced up" for lack of a better phrase. This issue may affect one of the two servers at one location, none of the servers at another location, or both servers at another location.

I cannot find anything in event viewer that preceeds the Event 6005 that is causing the Event 6005 to happen. The only change I have made thus far is adding the below netsh configuration to one of the servers. I am still waiting to see the outcome of this change.

netsh interface tcp set global autotuninglevel=disabled
    Has anyone else run into this Event 6005 issue? Many of my google searches point to a long or invalid script or possibly a printers GPO that cause this, I think I can rule those out in this case. I've also read where Item level targeting in GPO's can cause issues, and some of the GPO's here do have alot of item-level targeting in them.

Just thought I'd ask you guys if you have ever seen anything like this before.

Re: Event ID 6005 on 2K8R2 Term Serers

a. Did someone applied a new GPO / Antivirus policy, etc?
    b. Do you use roaming profile / folder redirection? this issue may exist due a corrupt profile/s / lock files, etc.
    Best Regards,

Yuval Sinay

LinkedIn:, Blog: