No announcement yet.

Exchange 2003 and remote desktop

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exchange 2003 and remote desktop

I have a windows 2000 server which is a domain controller. I also have an Exchange server on a windows 2003 computer. This computer is part of the domain. I am trying to use remote desktop on a windows XP computer to administer my exchange server. But I get a message saying that:

To log on to this remote computer. you must have Terminal Service user access permissions on this computer. By default members of the remote desktop users have this permisions. If you are not a member of the Remote Desktop Users group or another gruop that has these permissions, or if the Remote Desktop Users does not have these permissions, you must be granted these permissions amnually.

I have checked that the Enable this desktop to be administered remotely in My Computer-properties-remote on the exchange server.

I am trying to log on as administrator.

I can use remote desktop on the domain controller but not on the exhange server.

I am a member of remote desktop users and these users have permissions to remote desktop.

The big mystery is that this was working before but it stopped after a windows update.

Any ideas?

Thank you for your help.

Re: Exchange 2003 and remote desktop

Try to compare your settings to those found on a different Win2003 server.

Also, although trivial, but did you select that user/admin when you've enabled the RDP on the server?

This thread is moved to the TS forum.

Daniel Petri
    Microsoft Most Valuable Professional - Active Directory Directory Services