How to enable Remote desktop from XPPro to W2003 Web edition

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to enable Remote desktop from XPPro to W2003 Web edition

Hi Guys i'm having a real dilema and cant find an answer anywhere. I have a w2k server domain and from my XP desktop i can remote desktop onto any of the servers fine. We have just bought a new server to run the extranet and its running w2003 web edition.

In the past i know you have to enable terminal services administrator mode to enable remote desktop on the w2k servers, but i am unable to find out how to do this with 2003 esp web edition as its all new to me.

Any help from you guys would be very much appreciated as i have searched the web without success so far.

Thanking you kindly in advance

Rob

Re: How to enable Remote desktop from XPPro to W2003 Web edition

If you right click on my computer and select properties and then select the REMOTE tab you can check whether or not you want to enable remote desktop.

This is how you do it on standard and enterprise version of 2003 server. I would have though you could have done it on the web version but I have never used it before

Michael
    Michael Armstrong
    www.m80arm.co.uk
    MCITP: EA, MCTS, MCSE 2003, MCSA 2003: Messaging, CCA, VCP 3.5, 4, 5, VCAP5-DCD, VCAP5-DCA, ITIL, MCP, PGP Certified Technician

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

Comment

go to Control Panel -> System ->Remote.
      Activate the Allow users to connect remotely to this computer. Also make sure that there is no firewall rule to blok connction to your server on port 3389.
      Regards,
      Csaba Papp
      MCSA+messaging, MCSE, CCNA
      Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate

Comment

Thank you so much for the help guys!!! Doh i feel a little foolish now, as its just the same as enabling it on XP pro.

Thank you again

Rob.

Comment

Working...
        X