RDP v/s Web access RDP

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RDP v/s Web access RDP

Hi...I was wondering if anyone could shed any light on why one should chose RDP over Web access RDP or Web access RDP over RDP.

Regards
    Neeraj

Re: RDP v/s Web access RDP

Holes in your firewall, mainly.
    Web based would be over port 443 (and can be SSL encrypted), where straight RDP would be port 3389
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Hi Ossian...I am afraid what I meant was in terms of advantages of one over the other...low latency and bandwidth usage especially across on WAN.

Thanks.

Comment

in terms of bandwidth and latency, very little difference.

In terms of security, it's a big difference.

THere's tools out there that scan for open port 3389, then throw bruteforce logon attempts at it, time after time after time.

the same trick doesn't work with RDPoHTTP.
        Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point https://www.petri.com/forums/core/im.../icon_beer.gif

Comment

Hi,
          sorry to slightly hijack this, but this topic interests me. Would the user really not experience much of a difference when comparing connections between the two?
          Would connecting in via web basically show your desktop in IE window?
          We've only ever used RDP (WS2008r2) and it's not without its issues on occasion.
          Would the web version negate any cross-platform problems with RDP apps?

Comment

Working...
          X