Problem with permissions on particular account on terminal server

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem with permissions on particular account on terminal server

Im not sure where to post this, but I have a terminal server environment running on server 2003.

When I log in as administrator on the domain controller (SBS 2003) I can access my desktop - which is shared from the server and set up with GPO redirected folders.

When I cehck permissions of the desktop folder it gives administrator account full control, thats fine.

However, when I log on with the same account (administrator) and checked I am logging on to domain, on the terminal server, it says access is denied to that desktop folder.

If I make a new folder on the main server, give administrator account full control, that folder also shows as access denied when accessing from teh terminal server!

Can someone help?
    David Silvester
    Systems Administrator

Re: Problem with permissions on particular account on terminal server

On the surface I would suggest you make sure you are using the same account. Are you using the domain administrator account on both or are you confusing the local administrator account on the ts server with the builtin administrator for the domain?
    Rules of life:
    1. Never do anything that requires thinking after 2:30 PM
    2. Simplicity is godliness
    3. Scale with extreme prejudice

I occasionally post using a savantphone, so please don't laugh too hard at the typos...

Comment

Yes, its domain administrator account on both. Definitely I am logging in to the TS with the domain administrators account and not the local one - I am selecting the domain name where it asks "log on to".

There has been a development since this morning - the TS had been compromised (the password was cracked with brute force) and had been logged into by an unknown party.

I don't know if they may have done something to cause this problem.
      David Silvester
      Systems Administrator

Comment

Please use RSOP to review the folder redirection while login into the TS vs. SBS.
        Best Regards,

Yuval Sinay

LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/yuval14, Blog: http://blogs.microsoft.co.il/blogs/yuval14

Comment

I have double checked I am logging on to domain, and also performed RSOP check as requested. see attached image.

David Silvester
          Systems Administrator

Comment

Please use:

gpresult /v on the DC & TS. Moreover, can you verify that no antivirus is block the folder redirection?
            Best Regards,

Yuval Sinay

LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/yuval14, Blog: http://blogs.microsoft.co.il/blogs/yuval14

Comment

Originally posted by yuval14 View Post
              Please use:

gpresult /v on the DC & TS. Moreover, can you verify that no antivirus is block the folder redirection?
              Should I post the results of that here?

I dont think antivirus is blocking redirection - we have 10 other users logging on without issue.

Also, even if I browse to the UNC path of the redirected desktop, I still get a permission denied error.

Further more, If I create a brand new share, and give administrator account full control. I still get access denied.
              But if it has users full control, then I can access it.
              David Silvester
              Systems Administrator

Comment

very strange, I got round the problem by assigning domain users group full permission. This gives me access from the TS and the desktop redirect works fine.

But If I assign administrator full permissions to anything, it is not accessible from the TS, logged in as administrator.

I wonder if something was done when the system was hacked into.
                David Silvester
                Systems Administrator

Comment

Working...
                X