No announcement yet.

RemoteAPP accessing other programs

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RemoteAPP accessing other programs

I have a LOB application deployed on Server 2008 R2 as a remote app. The program has a process where it calls MS word and opens a document to merge data then print the document.

Everytime we run the process that is supposed to launch MS Word and merge the document it "hangs". But I can see that winword has started in the background for the user. It seems that the RemoteAPP session is not able to call winword and interact with it.

Do I have to go back to a traditional terminal services where the user connected to a "desktop" session or is there a setting that I have missed that will allow winword to be called into an active session for a different remoteAPP?

Re: RemoteAPP accessing other programs

Please confirm: You like to open from RemoteAPP WinWord another application, yeap? You can allow RemteAPP to force opening document with a specific RemoteAPP, but sharing full GUI may require Cockpit / Citrix...
    Best Regards,

Yuval Sinay

LinkedIn:, Blog:

Re: RemoteAPP accessing other programs

Yes the problem appears to be that when the application calls for WinWord to open it works but doesn't display the GUI to the user.

If remoteapp cannot do this I am going to likely backtrack to a full desktop session configuration that I had before using a menu system as the default program that opened so that the user was restricted to what could be done in the menu system.