No announcement yet.

Terminal Session Registry

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Terminal Session Registry

I am hoping this would be the correct section of the forum to post, but I am looking to attempt to try to resolve a question I have about editing a sessions registry. Here is what I have and am attempting to do:

I have 2 Server 2008 machines that are running NComputing so that it virtualizes 15 machines in the classroom. The students upon loggin in appear to login to a windows 7 machine.

I would like to be able to edit the registry for each logged on user in order to enable proxy server and set the server to in order to shut them down on the internet. If the class has something that only needs them typing on an excel spreadsheet and does not require them going online, this would hender them from doing such.

I realize there are GPO settings to do this, however, this isnt something that I am looking to have predetermined at times. Perhaps they are just trying to be sneaky. I have Smart Shield installed on the machines and can push a small (50kb) batch file to each machine I desire. This is how I was looking to stop thier access. I have a .bat file that has the following code:

@echo off
    REG ADD "HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\In ternet Settings" /v ProxyEnable /d 1 /t REG_DWORD /f
    REG ADD "HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\In ternet Settings" /v ProxyServer /d "" /t REG_SZ /f
    taskkill /F /IM iexplore.exe /T

This enables the proxy settings in IE, as well as sets it to my, and then kills all Internet Explorer windows in order to have the settings take effect the next time they attempt their sneakiness. (I know that I could just yell at them to get off, but seeing as how I am also IT in the district, I have alot of other things that keep my attention on a daily basis).

So, I have it going to the HKCU, but I suppose that it doesnt run on each current user. I tested the script, and it killed their sessions but did not prohibit them from surfing the web on their next attempt. I have also tried the HKLM directory.

I know my code works as I test it on my machine, but not when it is run remotely.

Any help on fixing what I currently have or perhaps another way to do such. I dont want to log the kids off for the registry to change or a logon script to have to work, because they may have unsaved work. I simply want to stop their internet access and give it back on a time frame that I decide.

Re: Terminal Session Registry

Please use GPO for set Proxy settings or (and recommended) use transparent proxy...
    Best Regards,

Yuval Sinay

LinkedIn:, Blog: